Student Surveys in partnership with NCSSS
Designed to help schools make data-driven decisions that improve student well-being, belonging, and engagement with learning.
The Challenge Success Student Survey
The Student Survey (also known as the Challenge Success-Stanford Survey of School Experiences) is a 30-40-minute online survey for middle and high school students that helps schools gather data and insights that lead to actionable changes designed to improve student well-being, belonging, and engagement with learning. Over 250,000 students have taken this survey since it was developed by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Education in 2007.
Topics covered in survey
- Physical health and well-being
- Academic engagement
- Support and belonging at school
- Homework and extracurriculars
- Grades and assessment
- Parent expectations
- ONLINE SURVEY TOOL: Support administering online survey
- DASHBOARD: Interactive, online dashboard of results with executive summary for each school
- PEER SCHOOL PROFILE: Access to a dashboard of the aggregate data for NCSSS schools
- DEBRIEF CALL: Video call with members of our Research or Program teams to debrief results and recommend next steps
- RESEARCH OFFICE HOURS: Access to a member of the Research team on Thursdays at 12pm PT for follow-up questions
$3,200* per survey for NCSSS member schools
* Reduced pricing – from $4,200 individual survey cost
Many schools have accessed state, local, and community funding to support this work. Learn more about potential sources of funding here. Challenge Success offers limited financial assistance based on need.