Designed to gather perspectives from parents and caretakers to provide schools and the broader community with a rich understanding of their students.
The Parent/Caretaker Survey
The Challenge Success Parent/Caretaker Survey is a 20-minute online survey for parents and caretakers of middle and high school students that helps schools understand parents’/caretakers’ perceptions of their students’ experience. Along with our Student Survey and Staff Survey, it provides data and insights that lead to actionable changes designed to improve student well-being and engagement with learning.
Topics covered in survey
- Student stress & worry
- Student sleep
- Homework load & habits
- College process
- Parent/caretaker expectations
- Family time
- SURVEY: Support administering one online survey
- DASHBOARD: Interactive, online dashboard of results with executive summary
- DEBRIEF CALL: Video call with members of our Research or Program teams to debrief results and recommend next steps
- RESEARCH TEAM OFFICE HOURS: Access to a member of the Research team on Thursdays at 12pm PT for follow-up questions.
Many schools have accessed state, local, and community funding to support this work. Learn more about potential sources of funding here. Challenge Success offers limited financial assistance based on need.
Interested in bringing a Parent/Caretaker Survey to your school?
We’d love to hear from you! Tell us more about your school, the challenges you’re facing, and the goals you’re trying to achieve using the form below.
WHAT SCHOOLS ARE SAYING
SAMPLE SURVEY QUESTIONS
Below you’ll find a selection of sample questions from several sections of our Parent/Caretaker Survey.
Want to see more sample questions? Get in touch with our team to discuss survey solutions for your school.