Join Our Team
Challenge Success is a non-profit school reform organization affiliated with the Stanford University Graduate School of Education. We are a small and dynamic team of educators, researchers, mental health professionals, and youth development experts committed to helping schools and families create a healthy, well-balanced, and academically engaging life for kids.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Challenge Success is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Studies have shown that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for positions unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate to meet the current needs of the organization. If you are interested in a position, we encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet each one of the qualifications outlined.
The Marketing Coordinator will support the Director of Development and Communications in co-creation of the marketing plan and will be responsible for content creation, email marketing, social media, publicity, advertising, and website management.
This is an hourly position with a minimum commitment of approximately 10-15 hours a week on average. Depending on organizational needs, there may be opportunities to periodically increase up to 30 hours per week. This position reports to the Director of Development & Communications and works closely with the Events Manager.
- General Support
- Collaborate with the Director of Development & Communications to implement marketing and communications strategy, test new ideas, and brainstorm new marketing methods
- Manage timeline creation and coordination of marketing and communications calendar
- Support team in meeting revenue and fundraising targets
- Content Creation
- Produce mission-driven, creative print and digital content (including images, videos, and collateral) to engage and inspire core audiences across multiple platforms
- Produce compelling written materials, including newsletters, copy, blogs, captions, etc.
- Curate artifacts, stories, and testimonials from team members and constituents
- Support the creation of case studies, research briefs, etc. with layout/design, graphics, etc.
- Email Marketing
- Draft, design, and manage email marketing campaigns and newsletters as well as
- Manage audiences / mailing lists in Mailchimp and Airtable
- Brand Presence
- Publicize products and services to all avenues available
- Manage website, including updating, adding new content, tracking analytics, and SEO
- Manage social media platforms and engagement
- Ensuring continuity of branding across assets and platforms
- Increase exposure opportunities to target audiences and new schools
- Track Denise’s speaking commitments and publicize press
- Provide team with collateral before external conferences
- Mission-driven with a deep commitment to improving student well-being, belonging, and engagement with learning through transformational school change
- Understanding of what equity means in the larger context of education and society and commitment to equity and access for all students
- Commitment to an internal culture of professional learning. Embodies a learner-mindset. Proactively engages in reflection and creative problem-solving
- Able to balance workload efficiently and produce high-quality work. Self-driven in multiple complex situations
- Highly flexible, organized, collaborative, and responsive in a remote working environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an eagerness to turn obstacles into strategic opportunities and wrestle with tough questions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and high emotional intelligence
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in marketing/communications in the educational and/or nonprofit sector
- Candidates with corporate experience may be considered if they also possess demonstrated knowledge of the educational/nonprofit space through other experiences such as volunteering
- Expansive knowledge of digital marketing practices and advanced skills in platforms such as WordPress, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google analytics/ads, SEO, Jotform, Airtable, Canva, Google Suite, Mailchimp, Salesforce.
- Enthusiastic and creative content developer and storyteller with ability to connect to the experiences of diverse constituents such as educators, students, families, donors, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail in written and visual materials, e.g. grammar, branding, etc.
To apply, please submit your materials via Idealist.