If you need additional logo options, please contact Kristen Edge.
Denise Pope press materials
- 10 Summer Activities for Teens to Help Them Stay Healthy and Engaged | Grown & Flown
- Teenagers Are Struggling, and It’s Not Just Lockdown | The New York Times
- How to help kids recover from a year of pandemic schooling | CNET
- Pandemic has kids more stressed, less engaged with school, study shows | TODAY show
- Stanford scholar offers ideas to upgrade lessons for kids at home during coronavirus school closures | Stanford News
- The Right Way to Choose a College | Wall Street Journal
- 7 Approaches to Alternative Assessments | ASCD Express
- Easing the Stress at Pressure-Cooker Schools | Phi Delta Kappan
Areas of expertise
Student stress and anxiety, student well-being and engagement, K-12 school reform, homework practices, AP classes, assessment, curriculum studies, college admissions, parent education
Denise Pope headshots
Denise Pope bio
Denise Pope, Ph.D., is a Senior Lecturer at the Stanford University Graduate School of Education, where she specializes in student engagement, curriculum studies, qualitative research methods, and service learning. She is co-founder of Challenge Success, a non-profit that provides schools and families with proven strategies to promote well-being and engagement with learning in order to transform the student experience into one where all kids can create their own paths to success.
She is the author of, “Doing School”: How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed Out, Materialistic, and Miseducated Students (Yale University Press, 2001), which was awarded Notable Book in Education by the American School Board Journal, 2001, and lead author of Overloaded and Underprepared: Strategies for Stronger Schools and Healthy, Successful Kids (Jossey-Bass, 2015). She also co-hosts the Stanford University SiriusXM radio show called “School’s In.”
Dr. Pope lectures nationally on parenting techniques and pedagogical strategies to increase student health, engagement with learning, and integrity. She is a 3-time recipient of the Stanford University School of Education Outstanding Teacher and Mentor Award and was honored with the 2012 Education Professor of the Year “Educators’ Voice Award” from the Academy of Education Arts and Sciences. Prior to teaching at Stanford, Dr. Pope taught high school English in Fremont, CA and college composition and rhetoric courses at Santa Clara University
Madeline Levine press materials
- My Son Thinks I’m his Teacher | The New York Times
- 4 Way to Help if Your Kid is Depressed | The New York Times
- How to Help your Child Handle Disappointment | Child Mind Institute
- Kids Don’t Need to Stay ‘On Track’ to Succeed | The Atlantic
See more recent press from Challenge Success Co-Founder and best-selling author Madeline Levine. For interviews, contact her publicity team directly.