Challenge Success School Program
Partner with our team to tackle the unique challenges at your school while creating a more balanced and engaging student experience.
WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE SUCCESS PROGRAM?
A collaborative change process
The Challenge Success School Program is a year-long, collaborative partnership that leverages student-voice data to create a healthier, more engaging school environment. Using our SPACE framework as a guide, schools make improvements in areas such as school climate, student schedules, curricular design, homework and assessment practices, and community education.
The program is a good fit for middle and high schools that want to improve student well-being and want guidance, support, and tools to build community alignment and accomplish their goals.
After completing the first year of the program, many schools continue improving student well-being and engagement by participating in the RETURNING SCHOOL program.
The program follows a school year calendar running from August, 2022 – June, 2023.
We currently have a waitlist for additional New School Teams for the 2022-23 school year. Please inquire to learn more and be added to the waitlist.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Schools commit to a year-long partnership
During their first year in the School Program, teams progress through a series of phases to propel the work.
OUTCOMES AND RESULTS
What types of changes have schools made?
Our partner schools have translated their learnings from the program into a variety of school change strategies to improve student well-being and increase engagement with learning.
A few examples include:
- Designed a new bell schedule
- Revamped an advisory program to support student belonging and connection
- Revised homework policies to ensure purpose and volume of homework is appropriate
- Implemented mastery-based assessment practices
- Created test and project calendars to reduce overlapping major assignments
- Dropped class rank and reimagined award ceremonies
- Changed conversations about college to focus on the “right fit”
See more changes.