In a high-stakes, high-pressure culture, parent and school expectations may have unintentional but damaging effects on students. Increasing demands on students may lead to unhealthy stress, resulting in burnout, disengagement, or debilitating physical and mental health symptoms. This workshop examines the tension that parents, students, and teachers often experience over issues such as homework, grades, and the culture of competition, and offers tools for creating a healthier school climate. Versions of this presentation are available for educators and parents.
Can be tailored to Pre-K, Elementary, Middle, or
Learning Objectives for Parents
- Learn how you can establish healthier home and school environments for school-aged children.
- Explore how to reduce academic stress and disengagement without sacrificing achievement.
- Examine how to increase students’ resilience, creativity, competence, and well-being.
Learning Objectives for Educators
- Explore the latest research on student health, school engagement, and school reform practices
- Examine how students today are coping –or not– in the high-pressure, fast-paced culture
- Learn effective strategies to work with students and their parents to reduce performance pressure and stress without sacrificing achievement or engagement in school
“This workshop was transformative, and, while not “one size fits all,” the tenets and principles are applicable to the mission of every school. Thanks for all you have done to make my children’s schools better but more importantly thanks for what you have done to make me a better father and husband! I could have listened to you all day.”PARENT
Challenge Success offers limited financial assistance based on need. Click here to apply.