Summertime has always been an opportunity for families to slow down, reflect, and reset. In these unique times, we encourage families to continue connecting and experimenting with new ways to prioritize well-being and life-long skills like resilience, curiosity, and creativity.
Here are a few ideas to help families keep the spark of learning alive this summer while also carving out time for the daily protective factors every kid needs: playtime, downtime, and family time.
- Be of service
- Explore a personal interest
- Learn a life skill
- Find or create a job (virtually or IRL)
- Produce (and consume) media
- (Re)create summer family rituals
- Participate as a camper or counselor in an online summer camp/class